Sunday, February 15, 2009

Romantic Veggie-Nut Burgers

Veggie-nut burgers Round Two, this time with 1 cup of soaked almonds instead of 2 cups as called for in the original. I halved the recipe by eye....

mmm, playdoh.  all the taste, half the fat; double the gravel and hair.

And the result: the patties taste more onion-y this time. I like it. The main difference though is in their texture/appearance. The vita-mix was too efficient with the smaller amount of materials. Obliteration! These patties remind me of playdoh balls that have gathered character by rolling around on the floor... though I suppose that as a child I would willingly eat those playdoh patties, so this shan't be a put-off. Plus these veggie patties won't taste as salty nor have a hundred hair strands distributed throughout. Hah gross.

And here's a salad I had for lunch. Prior to the salad I had my morning greens + fruit smoothie. Today for some reason I threw in a whole lemon, which handily overpowered the usual suspects. For future reference: half a lemon is sufficient.
another day, another  salad

No comments: