Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Green smoothie similar to yesterday's hemp concoction and some of yesterday's dinner for lunch. The tuna tastes better today! Even without the dry mustard et al.

On last night's bike ride, the starry sky was open for full viewing and the moon reflected eerily shimmeringly attractively beckoningly on the water below the Lionsgate Bridge. I stopped to enjoy the scene (and to catch my breath) a couple of times. Still, made the roundtrip ride in 50 minutes, which is my norm. On my flat tires. That's why it's my training bike. Anything else I ride is easy in comparison. Plus, I like the challenge and the social aspect of riding half-inflated tubes; cyclists who used to pass me used to tell me, "Hey, you know you have a flat tire..?" And I would nod yes and thank them. I call those cyclists the Guardians.

Last year when I biked in the 5am morning darkness all summer/fall, there was a Guardian cyclist I'd meet almost every day at the same place on the bike path just after crossing 4th Ave. I had a front headlight for my bike, sitting in my closet, but I'd neglected to put it on my bike for some reason or maybe no reason at all. Anyway, one morning Guardian cyclist yelled to me as he flew down the hill, "Nice headlights!!" So I yelled back an appreciative, "Thanks!" Then I realized he wasn't talking about the boobs. From then on, each morning when I'd dress and put on my bra, but in the proper order, I'd recall that exchange and be reminded to mount my headlight. And we all lived happily ever after. True story. Except that I did know that he was referring to my bike lights. The headlight-boob association just helped me to remember better.

No comments: