Tuesday, February 10, 2009

a salad, what a surprise!  okay maybe i will splurge on those recipe books.
Today I had my morning smoothie with the usual ingredients and 1 cup or so of Europe's Best mixed berries (assorted varieties currently on sale at Supervalu for $3.99 instead of the usual $7-8, so I stocked up).

And more salads: two mixed green salads with avocado, tomato and hemp seed nuts... the second salad also had the mock tuna (which I'd left sitting in the fridge for just the right number of days for it to actually taste like tuna).

Should I buy $97 worth of raw recipe books? I almost did today.

I went for my bike ride earlier than usual - 9pm. And during the ride I was tired way earlier than usual too, but by the midway point I experienced a second wind that I somehow maintained until the bitter I mean wonderful end. The usual routine unfolds like this: I have so much energy so I choose to bike, or I have no energy so I talk myself into biking. Then I get out there and I get the oxygenated blood flowing to my brain and everywhere (in my body) and I feel good. Then I go up some hills, and that's fine, but I encounter the biggest hills on my way home, which I'm always too optimistic about beforehand. By the time I'm biking up the 5th mile-long hill I'm thinking Holy Fudge, at which point my rational mind insists that by doing a little vigorous physical exercise each day, I'm investing in Better Quality Everything while developing my skill.

Yeah, so in a few months I'll be a fit pro curser; right now I'm happily living just a precursor of what's to come. As I bike I think about all the things I love -- I think about all the things I appreciate in my life and what I am excited about experiencing. And I think about blueberries sometimes when I'm biking through Stanley Park to prevent my mind from going to that hellish place where zombies hunt me down. This is my meditation: I imagine walking outside by my intelligently built and sustainably designed home, breathing the pure clean air while picking blueberries for pies and smoothies with loved ones and that zombies don't exist.

Sometimes this works, and sometimes I just bike faster which reminds me that I'm afraid, so I bike faster, etc. I feel like I'm really bonding with you right now.



Bedtime!

No comments: