Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I went for a bike ride tonight and felt strong the whole way!  I was surprised.  I tricked myself into going out there at 11:47pm by thinking I'd just go as far as the Lost Lagoon and turn around.  But once I reached that point and let the clean, somewhat less chilly-than-usual night air fill my senses, I kept going up the bike path to North Van.  It's windy downtown but the scary trees in Stanley Park are lovingly sheltering.  Kind of like a caring mother you're afraid is going to turn on you for no reason.  Sort of like that. 

In addition to the usual smoothies and other things I eat, I consumed 200 grams of cashews last night and today in total, plus 100 grams of brazil nuts.  I don't know if that had a beneficial effect or if I'm just getting better.  Who'd have thought I could get any better?!  Like, I know.

I drank water when I got home, and that's it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I that kind of mother? LOL

Sonya said...

Ummmmm... ;)