Sunday, February 8, 2009

Light is Fun

mango smoothie. yep. maybe i should make it look nicer. Last night I was wide awake with energy to burn, feeling "up" and productive until 4:30am. The productive part is new. I could have continued onto another project but I looked at the clock and figured I should sleep -- which I did, easily. This surprised me considering my mind was active until moments before bed... but when I hit the pillow, all was silent and relaxed. I have newfound powers of un/controlled focus that work to my benefit. Anyway, when I awoke at 10am the productively excited feeling returned, too. Something weird is going on. "The Story of My Life." (That's a shout-out to Sumit, who doesn't know this blog exists.)

Brunch smoothie not neon green as usual:

1 banana
1 mango
1/2 peeled lemon
swiss chard leaf
2 cups spinach
20 raspberries
1 tbsp. hemp seeds nuts
water!

After my smoothie, my cashews, an ambrosia apple, some dates, and 2 of my usual avocado-heirloom lettuce salads, I was eager to get outside and stretch my body. I particularly enjoy Sunday night bike rides because most people go to bed early and so there're fewer cars to run me over. I'm wondering if it's best to wake up at 5am and ride first thing in the morning... I'll experiment. So anyway. I fell asleep at 10pm and now I'm awake at 1am; going for my bike ride now.

Back from bike ride in the rain/hail. This is a collage of photos taken near 6th & Cypress and @ Burrard Bridge. I played with some lines of light I didn't know were there. They made themselves into a mustache. Oh, those jokers!


I've had this post open since this morning and a mere day later it's live on the net. Productive, I tell you....

No comments: