Saturday, February 7, 2009

Gorilla Food

Tasty & full-feeling collaborative research

Today I ate too much, and liked it. My trusted accomplice in Operation Lettuce-Eat-As-Much-As-We-Can, Michelle-Meals, came with me to indulge in my gluttonous pastime. I mean, to nourish the body and soul with some living foods vegan dishes!

We went to Gorilla Food, the raw food place I'd checked out for the first time last weekend. No rain this time -- the sun visited with us on the seawall walk home. Lots of people were outside either holding hands, eating candyapples, skateboarding on public artworks, walking on the bike-designated lane, taking photos, taking off in seaplanes or walking tiny dogs.

For Lunch:

Ital. Veggie and Maui Waui pizza
Guacamole with housemade dehydrated Sunny Ginger Nori crackers
Water Wisdom Salad
(Gorilla Food menu with descriptions viewable online)

Dessert:

Chocolate Mint Mousse Pie or something but it's not listed on the official menu, darnit. And I forgot to take a photo of it. But it was good! And topped with raw cacao nibs.

For Dinner:

moderation?  wha?I was still "filled" but had my icecream (um all of it) from this morning's smoothie, some cashews and an orange.

I feel a bit buzzed, likely thanks to the theobromine in cacao.

No comments: