Sunday, April 5, 2009

Summer Salad

Yesterday, smoothies and salads sustained me throughout the afternoon as Goran and I walked along the Stanley Park seawall and discussed morbid findings in forests.

Saturday is hereby decreed my Go Wild day -- enjoyed a veggie quesadilla with avocado and mixed salad greens piled ontop; later, a vegetarian burrito from Red Burrito. It wasn't that tasty.

Today: a banana and blueberry smoothie, a banana, too many cashews. Baseball! Deliciously sore knees and hamstrings from running, which is a motion I usually try to avoid.  Biking is easier.  Anyway, I'd missed the feeling of exhaustion after the first practice of the season. It was so much fun!  I'd forgotten what fun feels like.  A moment of silence in remembrance.  Also forgot that to have muscles that work, I can't simply read about how they work -- I must put them to use regularly and with vigour.  It only hurts the first time. 

Drank lots of water. Biked home over the popular False Creek seawall (so enamoured with the sun and happy people and pretty landscape that I forgot take photos) and made a kale & avocado salad with cucumbers and tomatoes.  Mmmmm, tastes like summer.  Three clementine oranges for dessert.

kale avocado tomato cucumbers summer staple

No comments: