Saturday, April 18, 2009

Smoothie, Seeds, Nuts, Balls, Panini

Guess what I had for breakfast?! A banana-strawberry-cayenne-grapefruit smoothie. I didn't add any leafy greens today. Later in the morning I popped some assorted seeds with dried cranberries before biking to 801 W. 22nd to learn the rules of 4-Pitch at the Vancouver Recreational Softball League's umping clinic. I didn't expect that people from our team would be too eager to attend the clinic, so I volunteered. To my delight, four Re-Ups showed. Represent, yo. After the info session we played some ball, y'all. Okay I'll stop that.

Ummmm I'm out of shape. But getting better! Doing some biking & basketball yesterday + biking & baseball today feels really good. For the past few months I'd been forgetting to push myself. "Do what is easy and life becomes hard. Do what is hard and your life becomes easy," some sadist said. I thought about this as I biked uphill today. Anyway, I should still be able to bike around the seawall faster than Goran can inline skate the same distance, right? Right. And I can, but as I found yesterday, it required a sustained effort. What is a sustained effort? According to my school transcripts, I don't know firsthand. I think it means sticking to one thing for long enough to actually do well at it. Or something. La la laaa. I'm kidding. I'm good at everything I do the first time I do it. Because I visualize first. He ha ho.

Lunch: vegetarian panini at Trixi's Crepe & Coffeehaus on Cambie.

Biked home down the blessed hill. Much easier and breezier than the scenic way I'd taken to the Community Centre. I'll skip that story.

Home food: a banana-strawberry-cayenne-water smoothie and a handful of assorted seeds and cashews. No photos posted for today; my usb thing is currently not talking to my computer. A domestic issue; I expect it to blow over soon. My computer claims that it doesn't recognize my usb card reader, but we all know that that isn't true. Well, I did give my harddrive/tower a bump yesterday when I was moving things around in my room, so who really knows.

No comments: