Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Foods Consumed Today:

A strawberry-spinach-banana smoothie for breakfast. 25g of cashews. A kale & avocado salad with red bell peppers + tomatoes while talking on the phone with my Mother + Bjorn + Liesl.

A gala apple. A strawberry-banana smoothie. @ the computer.

A large mixed greens salad with clover sprouts, avocado, broccoli, olive oil, salt, walnuts & lemon juice.

A gala apple.

Another mixed greens salad with clover sprouts, red bell pepper, avocado.

A strawberry-banana-cacao-cayenne smoothie after watching Supernatural.

Community Garden Update:

Hey folks,

I just wanted to let you know that one of your fellow gardeners and VPSN volunteer, Mike, has set up a facebook group. You can join it here - Davie Village Community Garden Facebook Group.

As I'm sure you've all assumed, we've not yet moved forward with the developers on closing the license agreement. They were delayed in responding to us, and then our contact went on holiday. As far as I know, Andrew and I will be meeting with them this week on Thursday to discuss the license and raising the beds.

Thank-you all so much for your patience, I'm sorry that we haven't been able to move things along faster.

Have a great day,

Community Gardens Coordinator
Vancouver Public Space Network

--
"A society grows great when people plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."


_____________________________________

Watched an interview about the popular Ringing Cedars book series that hails from Mother Russia (a series which I'd completely missed in all the 20 languages into which the books are translated). When/if I do read the books, I expect to have my eyes opened to "the importance of each family having their own food garden" (thanks, person from facebook gardening group). Okay -- so this way of thinking isn't new to me, but the story is, so that's ... different. Kind of like each new day. I sense a tangent coming on. Excuse me.

"Anyone who has developed such a relationship with the Earth and the plants in their garden has the opportunity to heal their body of every dis-ease. She says that dis-ease is the result of Man distancing himself from the balance and natural systems that take care of him." Ringing Cedars Series

No comments: