Saturday, March 14, 2009

Celtic Rain Fest

Today as I digested my breakfast spinach-banana-strawberry-cacao-cayenne smoothie, I watched a Celtic group perform a song about an Irish girl from Belfast: "she's so handsome, she's so pretty." Hmmmm, interesting.

Lunch: Kale and avocado salad with the usual soaked sun-dried tomatoes, vine-ripened tomato, and without the lemon (I forgot to get lemons again).

Snack: Cashews.

Second snack: A grapefruit.

gala apple at tofino beachDinner: A smoothie that reminded me a lot of breakfast.

Later, a gala apple.

Later still, a mixed spring greens salad (with avocado, olive oil, salt of the pink himalayan variety, tomato) while burning the midnight oil (I didn't use it to cook anything).

Also, a friend who is a self-proclaimed "steaks and cigar" kind of Catholic girl, made the kale and avocado salad today and LOVED it. She was shocked! She'd been socialized to believe that eating kale raw is wrong... and yet... it tastes so right.

No comments: