Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dandelion Green Smoothie

morning walk to stanley park
Today, a mixed herb salad with tomatoes for breakfast.

2 hour seawall walk in the sunshine! My fingers are freezing as I slowly type this.

Making a smoothie with banana, more dandelion greens than necessary, grapefruit, fresh strawberries.

And here it is!

mmmm green sludge

Dark green. The sweet grapefruit and astringent/bitter-esque dandelions balance each other out.

do you like how I hide this at the bottom of today's post.. i do..

For dinner I had some chickpeas and lightly steamed kale with olive oil, salt, tomatoes, garlic and a feeling of shame. Okay, no shame. I ate some cooked food to see what would happen. The world hasn't ended, so I'll call this a success. Of all the foods to cook, I should have chosen the tomatoes, but didn't.

Later, a grapefruit. An apple. A bike ride. I'm still alive.

No comments: