Sunday, March 8, 2009

Early Morning Walk

flowers waking upAn hour later than it feels.  I rolled over, saw the clock @ 7:59am... and made sure my feet were solidly on the floor before the minute had passed.  Shoot! Realized it was Sunday morning.  Opened blinds, saw the sun was out.  Tried not to let myself crawl back into bed but instead to seize the day or whatever.  Put on my warm long shirt beneath a hoodie and a warm jacket 3 sizes too big.  Pocketted my camera, keys and mp3 player.  Went for a walk to the beach listening to Tony Robbins, haha.  

A nice guy acknowledged my existence while walking his dog; I reciprocated.  I think he felt the camaraderie too -- the both of us, brought together by this crazy, shared experience (who the heck is up at 8am on the Sunday morning of the spring DST time change?).  That's right, you're not alone; let's embrace with a smile and a tight-lipped, "good morning."

Pictured below: taken this morning, this a normal Vancouver day -- both sunny and cloudy depending on where you're looking and for how long.

Vancouver this morning, same time: clouds over mountains, sun over mainland

No comments: