Friday, June 12, 2009

Too Much Sugar.

Check out the fancy formatting I didn't plan very well. This is what happens when I get too little sleep and eat late at night, and thereby increase my insulin production and decrease melatonin secretion.

For breakfast and lunch, I made two of my tastiest smoothies thus far: a banana, handfuls of spinach, a peach, some strawberries, a pinch of cayenne powder and a cup of water.

My two smoothies were delicious, but way too sugary if all that you're (I'm) doing is sitting at a computer all afternoon reading about how imbalances in insulin levels correlate to cellulite formation, fatigue and loss of libido. Excess estrogen does even cooler things!

Anyway, I'm coming down from today's sugar high. Speaking of sugar again, I checked out True Confections for dessert tonight with Mike.  I had the fruit-topped cheesecake, oh yes I did. Didn't touch the whipped cream, though.

Before that, a masala wrap and 3 oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies from Capers, then a seawall walk at sunset. We watched two separate couples pose for stereotypically romantic "long walks on the beach" engagement/wedding-type photos. I don't get the appeal (of weddings and of shoreline photos.  Aren't engagement photos supposed to epitomize the couple and what they value -- as in, show something of what they actually enjoy doing together, often?  Instead, they have their photos taken on a beach they'd never normally stroll through dressed like that, to make promises about love and appreciation they've never kept to themselves as individuals, let alone to another person.  It's all very strange.  I'm assuming and projecting a lot and yeah yeah, I get that it's the symbolism and dreaminess of the ocean that they like or whatever, but! I'm still going for the fun of the parody in the disparity.  Rant over).  And I wonder if this paragraph will still make sense to me tomorrow once I've sobered up, as it were.

Also!  We stopped for a Santa Fe salad at Panago pizza, as it was the only place open at 22:16.

No comments: