Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rainy Walk to Lynn Valley Suspension Bridge



I have almost completed one stats unit/assignment. Yay.

For breakfast I enjoyed my usual spinach smoothie. Maybe I should vary some of the fruits/berries and substitute chard for spinach one of these days. I have lots of chard and mizuna/mixed salads growing in my garden plot...

It was a lovely rainy day today, which means I was somewhat productive indoors, thinking that my outdoors options were limited. But, this is Vancouver! -- Vancouver has sheltered hikes all over the place. I ended up going for a fun walk through Lynn Valley and remained mostly dry from the Headwaters until the Suspension Bridge. It's an easy walk but the bridge is due for some repairs, as noted on the park signage, so this knowledge combined with the task of navigating over slippery wood steps increased the thrill factor.

For snack: unidentified tree leaves that Goran thought looked pretty. They tasted pretty, too.

Dinner: Izakaya at Kingyo on Denman. Really good tiger prawns, and sashimi on a bed of greens. The tuna and avocado something or other with raw daikon is another favourite. I don't recall all of the dishes' names at this moment -- maybe I'll look it up later -- but most of the food was served raw...

No comments: