Thursday, June 25, 2009

Return to Scary Night Riding

Today I eschewed most forms of social activity (except for dancing to the radio in the bathroom while eating sunflower seeds) to complete Unit 1 of my stats course.  My plan was a success.  Hallelujah.

Throughout the day's intervals in minutes, I enjoyed my breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinner (which are categorical a.k.a nominal variables, to which I assign these values): a spinach smoothie for breakfast, cashews and assorted seeds and a peach for snacks, water and some Thai mixed veggies with yellow coconut sauce for lunch and dinner.  

Tonight I biked to North Van (for the first time since the jumper incident) to get the blood flowing through my legs.  [If I don't engage in physical activity at all during the day, then I often have an abundance of energy-turned-inward that prevents me from sleeping until 4am: I get a distracting, deep, tingling sensation where my femur meets the pelvis -- my leg feels itchy in the bone marrow (feels as though the sensation originates from there...) and there's no way to reach inside my bone to scratch that.  Are you bored yet?  Okay.]

New personal record over the Lions Gate Bridge and back: 11:42pm-12:22am (and I had to wait at intersections this time, plus I stopped on the bridge lookout for a minute.)  Inflated tires roll like a dream.  That was the best workout I've had in months.  Ordinal value of whatever the highest is out of N on the best workout scale.  

(Only 5 units to go.)

And I forgot to mention that yesterday as we were leaving the Lynn Headwaters, I spotted Brendan Brazier going for a solo run in the rain towards the park.  I thought it both funny and interesting that I recognized him immediately -- I've seen him only a few times, on the internet and on promotional materials featured in local health food store windows, as I've walked by with my pizza and beer.  No.  I saw a famous elite vegan triathlete, people!

No comments: