Sunday, June 21, 2009

From Lighthouse Park to Whole Foods Chump



On Saturday, Goran woke me up first thing in the morning with a phone call at 10:45 am. I rolled out of bed, made a smoothie with the last of my spinach, did some studying, read reviews of the Asus 1000HE and jolicloud, salivated, and then we drove to Lighthouse Park for some cloudy day walking on the rocks. We had fun scoping out West Van estates while looking for the right exit to Marine Drive. Other pre-walk activities included blasting such tunes as When in Rome's The Promise while rocking out in the parking lot.  The post-walk tunes featured M.I.A.'s Paper Planes, complete with an interpretive dance performed from a seated position.

After the Lighthouse Park walk and salmonberry sampling, we checked out the bustling Whole Foods Market at Park Royal. Goran observed that the purchase of anything at the overpriced Whole Foods carries with it a proportionately high Chump Factor.  Vive la West Van Living!  Being the adventurous souls that we are, we decided we wanted a piece of that. I chose a bowl of self-serve veggie Indian food and a snack pack of tabbouleh and hummus (I spell that word a different way every time). Fittingly, the experience of feeling like a Chump was overrated.  Plus, I live in Vancouver which boasts its own Chump Factor to which I am too well accustomed, so the rush was shortlived. I'd do it again but probably only with friends.

My life is so good.

No comments: