Friday, June 19, 2009

Crash


Thursday morning began with the largest yield of smoothie yet: banana, spinach, peach, grapefruit, cayenne pepper and water.  I sipped at the deliciousness for an hour, but for half that time it was no longer deliciousness.  Too much smoothie.

The rest of the day: pad thai, mixed veggies in a yellow coconut curry, a peach, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and ginger snaps from Caper's.  

Hey, this is an improvement compared to what I'd eat in my highschool and university days -- I'd fry some sliced potatoes in olive oil with some 'spike' herb mix (no MSG at least), or eat three slices of pepperoni pizza or french fries with ketchup and mayonnaise for lunch.  Washed down with PEPSI all summer.  I had the worst eating habits (unless someone made food for me), so I applaud my efforts now, as sporadic as they seem, to take better care of myself.  Woohoo!  

Also this evening, I had the privilege of another sunny seawall bike/blade with Goran.  That's all I'll say about that.  And that following too closely to the person blading in front of you while passing a line of bicycles (and one wide recumbent) on the narrow part of the wall is never a good idea.

No comments: