Sunday, June 14, 2009

Strachan Gully Hike


Yesterday was Janos' birthday!  He made tortillas and taco fillings for us all.  Claudia baked a really, really good cake (we didn't come up with any other adjectives). Other stuff happened and I ate some things.

Today was a blur of activity, too.  When I finally got out of bed, I had time for only 4 mouthfuls of my morning smoothie (banana, strawberries, spinach, peach, cayenne powder, water) before biking to softball practice for an hour of trying to catch things in my glove that fell apart (again), and then biking home for 5 more mouthfuls of leftover smoothie, before Steve and Goran picked me up for some hiking action on Cypress/Strachan.  Such a beautiful day for salted + roasted cashews + water.  Came home, peeled a mango and finished the rest of my smoothie.  A day of accomplishment.  Well, it balances out to be a day of accomplishment.  

No comments: