Saturday, January 24, 2009

Tim VanOrden



From Tim VanOrden's Running Raw Project:

Questions:

• What happens when you combine a raw vegan diet and athletics?
• Would this diet give you greater endurance and strength?
• Would it allow you to recover faster?
• Would it remove age as a factor?
• If all of this was possible, would other athletes take note?
• Would other athletes consider fruits and veggies over steroids and doping?

Mission:

• To see what's possible. To be what's possible.
• To unite people in a global effort to create a better world through sport.
• To promote health and ecological stewardship among athletes of all ages and abilities.
• To scientifically prove that an organic, plant-based diet, consisting of uncooked, unrefined, and unprocessed whole foods yields the highest performance for the human body.
• To get other high level athletes to consider the advantages of this diet.
• To get those athletes to endorse and promote the idea of whole food nutrition to the youth of America, who are in desperate need of dietary transformation.

This guy has a whack of helpful raw food videos on youtube.  I found his green smoothie offering and had to know more about this guy.  So then I watched his post-workout smoothie video.  

I'll try to find the link to his story...

P.S. Kale really does grow well in the winter months.  I had a little raisedbed garden in Strathcona in 2005.  Raw kale isn't my favourite, but now that I can blend it into something tasty, I have motivation to plant my old heritage seeds that have been sitting in my closet for 4 years.


His story:




Me again. I went raw vegan overnight for about 4 months at the end of 2003/2004 after reading some eastern mystic books and osho, haha. I had been feeling like crap and sleeping all day and had no motivation to do anything with my life. Anyway, I felt better right away and some fantastically odd yet exciting things transpired in my life. Namely, my inner resolve and strength of mind. Since there were a few things happening in my life, paralleling the raw food changes, I didn't initially credit the diet with my burst in energy and a renewed sense of purpose -- but perhaps it's worth sticking to.

One more:


No comments: