Monday, January 19, 2009

Sugary Sweet Filler With Spring Herb Mix Salad Again.

I haven't been posting about what I've been eating lately.  The reasons are several and unconvincing, so I'll talk about cookies instead.  

I like to walk to Choices Market down the street for fresh chocolate chip cookies which I hand out to my favourite people at work (my fun Canada Post work).  By the time I get to work, I usually have fewer than 5 cookies remaining out of the dozen.  That's okay though; it makes the competition for the prize more fierce and sets former friends against each other.   It's like a real-life reality show with the facial expressions and looks and scarcity mindset and everything.

Anyway I will venture out to the grocery store soon.  I've been telling myself that I don't have to start this blog until my Vita-Mix arrives since all that I'll be making will be made with that blender.  

In the meantime I've been thinking flippantly about my online image.  My brand.  The Big Lie.  And wondering if it is important since I don't plan on working for anyone other than myself.  Well, perhaps the deliberate portrayal of someone I respect can't hurt.  

This is Paul Scheele paraphrased yet in quotations:  

"The willingness to tolerate the ambiguity of a situation, to tolerate the uncertainty of not knowing the answer, is the beginning of positive learning experience.  Learning means playing with possibilities and positively projecting the outcomes you want.  Excellence means you've learned how to learn.  It's not a static point or a final step of achievement. Excellence is a dynamic state that continues lifelong learning and growing.  Central to allowing progress in any area in life is the willingness to make an internal shift from frustration to curiosity... If you believe in your ability to do that, you will always have a way to reach your goals."

And as this almost-hackneyed tidbit relates to everything, I thought I'd throw it in my salad mix and chew on it for awhile.

No comments: