Friday, January 16, 2009

So I Bought a Vita-Mix

that's right; you too can own a white blender with its own fruit and veggie harem. call today.

As I am a big fan of prepaving the way and writing down all the positive aspects of any project I'm getting myself psyched up about, here're some thoughts I'm having about my recent purchase: a Vita-Mix 5000.  In white.  It cost as much as my return flight to Toronto. 

Pros

This is my first blender.  I invest in the best.  Anyway, so now I get to make smoothies all the time!  And not only mindblowingly excellent smoothies, but soups and purées and we'll see what else.  

I can more easily eat raw living foods.  Not so many salads.  I don't have to use plates ever again.  Oh the freedom.

If I feel like eating meat or fish or a piece of wood, I can just throw it in the blender with the rest of my blueberry-banana-kale mix and no one will ever know.  And if I had the recall of a goldfish, I wouldn't know either.  (Yes I would.)

Cons

Someone might want to marry me just for my Vita-Mix.  It IS a sweet deal.

No comments: