Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Raw Carrot Ginger Soup

There are a few promising recipes for raw carrot ginger soup, but none looked like something I really wanted to make, so I've combined a few into this new experimental hybrid creation. It might be the best thing ever or it might have two heads and 4 unblended potato eyes. Anyway, this is what I'm putting in the blender:

5 big carrots
1 avocado
almost half a lemon
1-2 tsp. chopped ginger
3 little nugget potatoes
2 celery stalks
3 cloves garlic
2 cups of water

I didn't measure the ingredients exactly so that's a rough estimate of what I'm blending for tonight's soup.

And here we go.

Okay done. I ended up putting in about half as many carrots since mine were so big, and I didn't add as much water -- maybe a quarter of a cup. I stopped the blending because it smells so good and I'm hungry.

Um. I'm going to name this recipe Carrot Hummus. It tastes like Carrot Hummus. A bit strong on the garlic. I'd skip the water next time and the potatoes, and instead add some lime or a whole lemon, and maybe sunflower seeds. Wait; I have sunflower seeds. I'll add those and see how this tastes (added 1/2 tablespoon of sunflower and pumpkin seeds).

There. Now I have a bowl (1L) of interesting carrot hummus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum Yum. Keep experimenting and recording the receipes and taking photos. You can't expect me to be convinced that it looks/tastes good unless I see the visual evidence. And hook me up with a link for this miracle blender. It sounds AMAZINGGG with a triple G.