Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Politics Can Eat Me

I don't care what you eat.  Half the time I don't care what I eat.  Okay, I eat what I feel good eating, and I like to research (or read the research) to see what counts as fuel that my body probably likes best so that it might more easily function at its best.  I think you'd want to interact with a clear-headed individual, right?  So unless we're on competing teams in a televised debate, I think it's in our mutual interest that I eat happy alive food.

Generally I'm not interested in discussing the why of my how.  It's irrelevant and also it sounds kinky.  I simply don't care to justify to you my thinking, and also I don't know a lot of words to really make you understand what I mean.  Maybe if I hold you in a certain way and look crossways into your eyes and signal with my nonverbal drool you will understand what I cannot say.

Sure, I get that when achieving a goal, to maintain the momentum it helps to have some reasons for wanting that goal.  "If you know the Why, the How comes easily."

So I'll offer you some insights into my motivation:  What excites me in life?  Well, I only do things for loved ones, or for fun.  Not necessarily in that order.

My real reason for choosing to eat plants all day is that my enduring vision of myself is that of a flourishing, fully alive, joyful person who is asked by concerned people, "Oh, dear... But what do you eat for protein?" 20 times a day.

I'm on a Jim Rohn kick these days.  I choose this goal for what the living of the goal makes of me.  It makes me vegan.  It makes me a self-disciplined, confident person who doesn't want to talk about my decision to eat what I eat.  It makes me skip periods.  What's not to like?!

No comments: