Thursday, January 29, 2009

Beet Sauce

This morning I had a swig of water and a brazil nut while I made another green smoothie similar to yesterday's. This time I used two beet greens, a banana, a handful of strawberries and blueberries, a cup of orange juice, half of a lemon, and that's it.

I turned the power on HIGH this time for 5-10 seconds. Sometimes 5 seconds feel like 10 seconds. Sometimes 10 seconds feel like 5 seconds when you're looking into someone's eyes and then you realize you're staring but not before they've realized it.

Moving along.

The smoothie has no trace of strawberry seeds. Impressive.

I'm eating less than usual yet I'm not hungry between meals. I was really hungry last night though, after walking half way around Stanley Park. I came home and ate some mixed nuts while letting my hands thaw so I could make my usual tomato-lettuce-avocado salad. I'll make some fancier stuff soon but right now I have other priorities I want to focus on. Namely attracting good things by being a good thing. Haha. And I have lists of things to do today (some ultra-corny): clean out my room/environment and keep only that which supports my vision + review my goals aligned with my values. Next, act with the end in mind. Repeat for each goal. Fun times. A recipe for success.

My energy level feels pretty high. I'm feeling restless though and kind of weird and I have so much energy that I don't know what to do with myself. I want to jump the gun and make all these changes at once before I've decided upon the exact changes to make. So the impatience is showing up. A mildly uncomfortable state but also one that gets me thinking. I'm hoping it comes to a peak soon so I can take some inspired drastic action. That's always fun. I think I'm being sarcastic but sometimes my delivery is in earnest and I can't tell either.

Bike ride time!

For lunch I'm making a savory-ish smoothie:

1 banana
1 beet
2 celery stalks
half a lemon
1 gala apple
1 cup of my patented carrot hummus
2 cups of water



I stored most of it in a plastic container in the fridge and am drinking a glass right now. Except for the garlic undercurrent this tastes like beet-apple sauce. It's bloody brilliant.

No comments: