Saturday, May 30, 2009

For breakfast on this seriously sunny Saturday:

the most delicious fruit smoothie I've ever accidentally made - banana, strawberries, grapefruit, watermelon, water, cayenne pepper. MmmmMmmgood; best means by which to rid oneself of previous night's fish and chips indulgence.

Afternoon: Another smoothie or two with salad mix (backup when there's no more spinach / arugula). Cashews.

Later, went for a harrowing bike around the Stanley Park seawall with Goran. We knew as we were leaving the packed parking lot in English Bay that this tour was ill-fated: people were everywhere, blocking out the scenery. People were the scenery. People walking on the bike path. People not moving over when Goran called politely, "I'm on your left," then, "Left! I'm on your left! No, *I'm* on your left!" followed by some creative mixed martial arts fusion dance to avoid the crash. I enjoyed the show from the rear. (The phrase most often exchanged between us on this ride: too many mother uckers, uckin' with my shi.)

Also, somebody jumped off the Lionsgate Bridge. We didn't stick around to see what the Coast Guard recovered.

On that note, I think that's all the food-related talk I can stomach right now.

No comments: