Monday, July 13, 2009

How to Make a Tasty Filling that Won't Gag Too Many People

Hey. I've been busy with stuff.

I'm cleaning up this blog and keeping only the educational-anecdotal posts -- and, being that there are very few useful posts, I imagined that this would be a quick and easy job to pull off in an hour. And it was, until I realized that I want more than five posts remaining here. So I've started here&now to relay what is useful (as that is the usual point at which I begin things).

I have probably mentioned before that my typical daily Feel Good Menu consists of a morning green smoothie, followed by a salad with avocado and other salad toppings and sprouts, maybe some seeds or cashews as snacks, lots of water, then another smoothie at night or a salad or something vegetarian-like if I eat out with people. Too much fruit does not work for me -- sugar overload. Eating dark leafy greens in salads does work. Other fulfilling activities = getting lots of fresh air and moving my body around every day and learning and giving and enjoying good times with good friends. Also hugs.

Enough of the useful information. Now I share with you today's menu:

Today I made a banana+cacao+blueberry smoothie (not recommended), a spinach-banana-peach-cacao breakfast smoothie, a salad with avocado and sweet cocktail tomatoes, water, a couple of bananas and steamed some chickpeas and quinoa that I'd sprouted for a week. A day of whole foods.

I'm thinking that it is as easy (and requires just as much work) to live a life I love, as it is to exist in a directionless one; so, I might as well put in the fun-effort to know what I want and feel the satisfaction of knowing I'm doing this for a conscious reason and go for that than to put in a scrambled-effort to avoid something I fell into unthinkingly when I realize I don't want that mindlessness later. So profound, and non sequitur-ial. Am I still waiting for someone to tell me that now is the time to start living my life? Hmmm. You might wonder what all this reflection is doing in a food blog. Well, what I eat is an investment in myself, and what I think/do is an investment in who I become. (Plus I suck at cooking, soooo....)

The magic that builds momentum is in all the small things. All of this inspired by smoothies (and Tony Robbins audiobooks, no doubt).

2 comments:

Liam said...

heh, i remember that comic from way back. i totally have that problem regularly.

Sonya said...

[Me too! :p]