Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Back to Raw

chickpeas dig dulse salads

Yeow! What a great day. A great day of rain, which means my garden plot is watered for the week.

Thanks, Michelle, for giving me a raw gourmet recipe book a few weeks ago -- now I feel inspired again to be living in the raw. Life is so good. I should really wait until I'm feeling depressed to write in this blog, since that's when I'm at my most articulate -- otherwise, it's all, "YES! LIFE IS SO fun. Hug me."

Foodwise, last night I soaked some organic chickpeas and kept them in my room overnight. I like the popping noises the beans (I mean legumes) make as they sprout tails throughout the night (and then I wake up and forget where I am and what's happening). I enjoy the reassuring sounds of life. Sometimes I take a handful of beans and close my eyes and feel the life coursing through them... they're so cute. Not sure yet what will be the delicious fate of my chickpeas. (When I was a kid I used to think the phrase was, "cursing through [me]," which I would say when I'd let a colourful phrase slip at my grandparents' house: "Nature is cursing through me!" I could do no wrong.)

I made a couple of salads after an afternoon trip to Choices Market: salad mix, dulse flakes, hemp hearts, avocado. An almost-too-ripe mango for dessert. I really enjoy the warm salty taste and texture of dulse seaweed in salads with avocado. Note to self.

Before bedtime smoothie: banana, cacao powder, strawberries and raspberries with a pinch of cayenne and a cup of water. MMMMmm yes. And now I remember that cacao keeps me up late at night.

cacao strawberry raspberry cayenne smoothie of delicious latenight energy

No comments: