Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Natural Hygiene

From Raw School by Nora Lenz:
However, there is a great need for health-seekers to think critically and independently as they approach new ideas. Just because a book advocates raw food, doesn't mean everything the author has to say should be taken to heart. The raw food movement, like the rest of the world, is awash in confusion and misconception regarding health. When one decides to seek REAL health, there is as much to UN-learn as there is to learn. Deeply-held myths die hard, even among raw foodists. What has helped me the most in being able to discern truth from nonsense is learning the unchanging, nature-based principles of Natural Hygiene. Natural Hygiene is the idea that all living things are self-regenerating, self-repairing, self-sustaining, and are designed through millions of years of infinite wisdom that resides in their every cell to attain and maintain optimum health. All we need to do is avoid the habits that destroy health and provide the requisites that build it. Natural Hygiene also teaches us what's going on in our bodies when we might otherwise be confused and confounded by ongoing symptoms. It is a lot easier to be patient with your body if you understand what's happening inside it.


I like everything to make sense. I remember being in that place once as a child, when I didn't know anything. It was nice. Okay who am I kidding, I still visit that place frequently.

Today I read a lot about health and HIV and the AIDS hoax and polio and federal reserves and frankly, I'm really hoping it's all very simple. I'm letting my unconscious intellect process and filter and find patterns for me while I sleep. Good plan! There's something appealing about the natural hygiene philosophy, though; simple principles that remind me again of Bruce Lipton's cell biology research and neuroscientist Candace Pert's suggestions to get back to nature. Sure, the basic tenets make sense... but it's in the details of implementation that the biatch lies. Or maybe the implementations are individual so I needn't concern myself with knowing everything. I'll go with that.

This was also interesting reading: The psychology of idealistic diets.


No comments: