Friday, January 29, 2010

Apple Crisp

Hello! Last night we ran 33 laps around an asphalt track in North Van.  That's all I want to say about that.

Today I made some apple crisp.  And ate over half of it.  I'll make more tomorrow to share with friends.
Recipe thanks to my Mommy, who found the recipe somewhere but still hopes to patent it, as it is "so damn good":

6 cups sliced apples
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup of butter/margarine
1 tbsp. lemon juice
2/3 cup rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
 
Arrange apples in greased dish and sprinkle with lemon juice. Mix flour, oats, and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs. Sprinkle over apples. Bake in 350 F. until apples are tender and topping lightly browned (35-40 mins) Can sprinkle apples with cinnamon.

Pleased with the outcome. I used organic gala apples and one red delicious... I don't know if the apple choice contributes to the result, or if the sweetness was thanks to the brown sugar.

No comments: