Sunday, January 17, 2010





Still doing the daily spinach-banana-frozen strawberry smoothies.  I'm leaving this photo sideways to illustrate how smoothies offer you a new perspective on life, or something.

Today we ran 5 km at a faster pace and my legs are feeling okay with that, as opposed to the soreness from going the longer distances at a slower pace.  Fueled by two Costco muffins left on the table for me by my thoughtful roommate, I was hurting right away.  I can tell when I'm suffering on a run because I can hear myself breathing harder and people look at me with concern.  Their concerned looks serve only to make me suck it up and suffer more greatly in silence.  I also put on a front of serenity and poise when I run near attractive people, or near children that look admiringly at us as ideals of human achievement.  Gotta do it for the kids.  Then collapse around the corner.

So, yeah; I ate muffins for breakfast.  They were the sugar kind.  Maple-flavoured, perhaps.

I also gave myself water.

After the run, my magical running buddy (yes I said buddy) treated me to some chocolate frozen yogurt with pistachio nuts.  Thank-you!  Tomorrow, we do Steamrollers.

I feel well.

Previous night: Last night I ate mainly cashews from the Superstore and bananas with peanut butter (peanuts and nothing else in the ingredient list).

Night before that: We shared a large Flying Wedge Broken Hearts pizza with Caribbean dipping sauce.  On a dare, we each had a large hazelnut chocolate bar to see who could eat more of it before feeling sick.  I won!  I out-ate Lori!


No comments: