Sunday, August 23, 2009

Yesterday on my walk home from steamrollers for a breakfast burrito, I picked up two large containers of greens that were on sale @ West Valley Produce. Mmmmm. And some campari tomatoes. Came home, threw together a salad with avocado and hempseeds. I do enjoy me a good salad; it's been too long.

Later: a spinach smoothie, then two apple muffins my generous roommate had left for me... not helpful to my healthy eating habits.  But kind. 

What the neighbours are eating: Mr. Squirrel chewed an apple core until he noticed me zooming in for a close-up at which moment he dropped it like it was hot.

Today I made another spinach smoothie with blueberries, strawberries and cacao. Had a mixed greens salad for lunch, a banana, some cashews, a frozen yogurt with Shaptacular and a veggie burger.

Came home, collected arugula seeds from these dried pods (from my garden; woohoo), with high hopes for next planting season.  I hope by then to plant and sow rows of heirloom arugula in fertile soil on property I own.  All private-like.  And to share the bounty with loved ones.  Perhaps by then I'll write in full sentences.

As for my cilantro plants -- they walk like a basil and talk like a basil, so I'm thinking that the plastic label which accompanied my babies at birth is slightly off by a family/genus/species.

[Tonight's bike ride: 12:36am-1:14am.  Chased a drunk driver.  Watched him run over a curb, narrowly missing a dog and the guy who was walking it.  Got the licence plate number and then wasn't sure what to do with the info.  He parked in the alley between Barclay and whatever street is north (Haro?), just off Chilco.  Fun!]

No comments: