Monday, August 31, 2009



Hempseed hearts were the magical ingredient in my morning and after-softball-game smoothies yesterday.  And magic (Duncan hitting balls out of the park) was almost enough to pull off a win for the Youthco Darlings, the team I adopted for the afternoon.

I'd slept-in slightly (it was technically still morning when I hopped out of bed...), so I had time for just a sip of my smoothie before biking to Stanley Park. What a good Sunday -- sweaty softball action under blue skies with good people and supportive spectators cheering @ Softball Smackdown 2009. The final score for our last game was a 9-8 heartbreaker.  So close!  Good game once we found our rhythm (the games were only 4-innings).  Despite the loss, my mood was buoyed by the familiar baseball feelings of happy times, so I biked home and took advantage of the momentum by channelling my enthusiasm into completing stats assignments. A good day.

2 comments:

Duncan said...

The game on Sunday was so much fun. I'm really glad you were there.

Sonya said...

Me too! Lots of fun playing with you guys. Thanks for thinking of me -- anytime you wanna play some ball, I'm available.