Thursday, April 23, 2009

Another sunny day, this time with a chilly wind. Sunburn last week, windburn today. As long as I have colour in my cheeks I'm a happy camper.

Seawall walk and then some chocolate chip banana bread and a masala couscous wrap from the Wholefoods-owned Capers store. Capers isn't my first choice for quality foods.  *Hi, Capers*  I do enjoy their veggie wraps and deli foods, though.  (Chickpea salad?! Yes please.)

I'm in a domestic mood.  I found some cookbooks with recipes to adapt as raw vegan dishes or lightly cooked vegan/vegetarian meals. One such book is Salt Spring Island Cooking, given to me by my Grandparents two years ago, and the other is... well, I have just one recipe book. Oh, and the vita-mix book that came with my appliance.  Plus my imagination.

Still... I do feel better when I eat all raw all day.



i like vancouver quite a bit.

"Things won are done; joy's soul lies in the doing." (Troilus and Cressida)  I'm posting this here so I remember it for later.

No comments: