Monday, April 5, 2010

So for Easter, I went to Crista's house for wedding video-watching, pampering (she and Sumit made tons of food -- spinach dip inside baked bread, chocolate-dipped strawberries, peanut butter chocolate whipping cream pudding cake stuff, tandoori tofu, an inviting space for guests) and an egg hunt.  For the egg hunt, each of us was assigned a partner we didn't know, reminiscent of my grandma's attempts to get the family to interact and love each other).  But it worked and I had fun and made new friends for the day.  Thanks, Crista and Sumit.  I felt like an adult for the evening, especially when the adult music began playing in the kitchen during dinner.  Bow-chicka-bow.  (Had to be there.)


I brought some roasted potato salad, thanks to a recipe in a magazine that a friend brought here then left here a few years ago: roasted yukon gold potatoes, later mixed with some veggies (green/yellow/red peppers, campari tomatoes).  The recipe called for onion and fresh basil too, but I skipped that and added dried herbs to the roasting potatoes.  I had no red-wine vinegar to mix with the olive oil for the dressing, so we used balsamic salad dressing instead.  The recipe is intuitive enough so I won't post it here.  Haha.

No comments: