Saturday, February 20, 2010

For the past week I've been up at 4:30-ish a.m., eating a banana with peanut butter or pumpkin seeds (good for the prostate, Bob tells me...), or leftover smoothie from the night before, then walking a refreshing 20 minutes in the dark to the depot downtown.  I enjoy the relatively quiet walk, though the traffic isn't as dead as it used to be.  Olympians are early risers.

One of my postie friends brought me (and all the other gaylords, which covers most of the depot, so few were discriminated against) snacks of almond butter on muesli crackers most mornings, so on Friday I gave her an all-raw lime larabar (fruit and nut snack bar).  She looked pleased.  I found out later that she doesn't eat the crap that other people bring for snacks, so I felt good about my offering of pure and natural goodness. Like a virgin sacrifice.  No.

Menu for the week:

strawberry-cranberry-banana-spinach smoothies
veggie delite subs on honey oat (almost a daily ritual on my way home)
apple crisp
bananas and peanut butter
avocado on spelt pasta with tomato sauce
avocado with aged white cheddar on quinoa, cous cous and chickpeas with yellow/green/red/orange bell peppers

a few 'quality' chocolate bars
probably other foods I'm conveniently forgetting

Blogger isn't allowing photo uploads at the moment.

No comments: