Sunday, July 26, 2009

Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me

July 25 016


Smoothies and sunsets today. Made my usual spinach smoothie for brunch and then biked the long, didn't-stop-to-ask-for-directions way through Stanley Park's many trails to Third Beach for an afternoon of hotness. I ate some local blueberries, Californian strawberries, My-Gardenian snap peas and Michelle's peach streusel-filled strudel (I kept calling it schnitzel; sounds cooler) for beach snacking.

Later, a veggie burger with all the toppings plus mushrooms & cheese, from Fat Burger... It tasted good at the time. I was in pain later though, haha. Really. My first time being in that much pain after eating a veggie burger -- exciting! Another heartburning moment happened while I was ordering the thing; I'd dropped my mastercard (and noticed, but didn't feel like bending over while talking to the cashier at that moment) and immediately a woman came over and politely told me that I'd dropped my card. I love people. I thanked her with an over-enthusiastic hug and some tongue; maybe next time she'll mind her own business. No, I just said 'thank-you' and hugged her with my eyes while feeling appreciative and appropriate. Another first!

Vancouver rained on me during my bike ride home. Exhilarating. I do love me a good downpour. Californian Lori doesn't appreciate this aspect of my character -- she said, "I think it's weird that you like being in the rain. It disturbs me and I just don't understand it, in the same way that a hardcore Christian might think of gay people as wrong and disturbing. And I don't want to understand." Yep, so I walked to Denman while still wet and purchased a chocolate frozen yogurt (with active bacterial cultures) after videoing the lightning action and orange sky brillance happening over English Bay at sundown.

4 comments:

Michael said...

this photo should be enlargeable...

Sonya said...

I'll send it to you.

Michael said...

now that's service.

Sonya said...

Lip service.