Tuesday, September 1, 2009



Today I did a lot of planning and a lot of coursework, which is code for I sat around and stared at the wall while my books rested undisturbed upon my lap.

Really, I was in productive-mode -- until someone brought the above countdown distraction to my attention... at which point I sat around and thought about action comma the taking of.  [My courses' completion date coincides with Hot Action weekend! Coincidence? -- or the definition of Hot Action? Either way I'm looking forward to it.]

Some of the action witnessed by my windowsill basil plant:

I enjoyed quinoa; a strawberry smoothie with cacao and two bananas; a panini with avocado, strawberry tomatoes, arugula and monterey jack cheese (which had what I imagine to be a dirtysocklike aftertaste. The cheese boasts a 'low content of tyramine, an organic compound thought to be associated with headaches,' so I went for it anyway); a nectarine and I think that's it.

Bike ride from west end to West Van = 11:54pm-12:36am.  42 minutes.  During tonight's windy ride, my thoughts after studying all day: this ride is feeling harder on my legs than usual... hypoxia... cyanosis... alveoli...emphysema... Going through Stanley Park now... it's dark and the moon reminds me of something... I wonder if the zombies that run fast are scarier than the original type... how do they run so fast?  Must be some sort of muscle tetany.. no that doesn't make sense...  Etc. I'm certain that I took an extra two minutes longer thanks to the cumulative 2-second over-the-shoulder checks made throughout the forested portion of the ride.  And on the bridge.  They come when you least expect it.

And good things come, too.

1 comment:

Michael said...

i admit i'm curious about what will happen to the clock once the time runs out...