Sunday, November 21, 2010

Kingyo: Prawns with Eyeballs Intact

Today, we went for a long walk from Davie to Robson and looked at home furnishings in warm stores.  Outside was freakin' cold but beautiful.  (Typical combination.)

We looked through cookbooks and decided we were hungry for fish, so we made a perpendicular bee-line for Kingyo.  It was nice and almost empty at 2:30pm on a Sunday (likely since they take the last order for lunch at 3pm).  So.  We sat down (at a table). I salivated in anticipation of rewarding my tastebuds with some deep-fried seafood.  Read over the menu -- no tempura!  I wanted the prawn tempura but they didn't have it for lunch--gasp--so.... I ordered whatever else was on the appetizer menu with the word prawn in it.

Prawn sashimi is rather gooey in one's mouth.  Which is fine, except when that one's mouth is mine.  I ate a couple when the prawns weren't looking at me.  Swann was the hero and finished off my plate.  I think she secretly liked it.

Also: ahi-tuna appetizer (the appetizer Swann ordered but I ate) and two pieces of (delicious) fish with an assortment of sides.  We couldn't figure out how to eat the fish that wasn't salmon, but we persevered and I think it ended successfully as a WIN for us.

No comments: