Saturday, November 14, 2009

Week's Worth

Last night for dinner: A reading of short fiction, walked around Vancouver for an hour at night, and then walked home to thaw my hands and snack on cashews and a chocolate muffin ('muffin' sounds healthier than cupcake).

Night before last: Sizzling veggie fajitas at Primo Mexican Grill (hidden at the intersection of 12th and Granville).  The place gets points for ambience -- dark, cozy yet open, music.  I was too full to finish the fajitas and Lori wouldn't let us bring leftovers in her car, so into the garbage went my remaining 1/8 cup of sizzled onions and green peppers.

A few days ago: Steamroller burritos (the veggie and pesto and Shanghai noodle versions).  So many steamrollers... Don't tell anyone, but one night I ate two steamrollers in one sitting.  I didn't feel so great afterward.  Why did I eat two large steamrollers?  Well, I wanted to try two different veggie offerings but didn't know which one to pick, so I ordered both, brought 'em home, sat down at my computer and was reverse-inspired to glutton-binge while watching an episode of The Biggest Loser.  Jillian Michaels can whip me into shape any day.


Today: Quinoa with avocado and red cabbage.  Spinach-strawberry-grapefruit-banana-cacao smoothie. An apple. Another smoothie.

No comments: